The ability to send a professional Invoice to clients is essential to any career in the arts, which is why Artwork Archive makes it easy to create and send invoices to clients right from the platform!
The Invoice feature on Artwork Archive allows you to add artworks to an invoice and seamlessly send them to your clients to get paid faster.
You can set a schedule for payment installments, add custom notes and headers, and send off a branded invoice in seconds. With Artwork Archive + PayPal, you get paid directly and the sales information gets updated in your account.
NOTE: You can create and send invoices on all accounts. However, PayPal Processing is a premium feature available on all accounts except Artist Apprentice and Collector Starter Plans. You can upgrade your account here.
There are a few things to know before getting started:
There must be a registered sale associated with the artwork.
Sales must be assigned to a contact in your system.
In order to accept payments, you will need to connect to your PayPal account. To do this navigate to Income > Invoices on the left-hand menu
Click on Set up PayPal Integration.
There are a few ways to get to Invoices in the system. We will go over all of them below.
How to create an invoice when you make a sale.
There are times that you might get a request for a sale outside of Artwork Archive's Purchase Request system. For this, you can manually register the sale and create an invoice for your client. Here's how:
Register the sale in Artwork Archive.
Be sure to assign the sale to a contact or create a contact record for the sale. This is required for Invoicing.
Click Invoice on the new screen.
4. Fill out all of the Invoice information like invoice date, due date, and shipping costs.
5. Enable PayPal buttons or Partial Payments. (Note: This is a premium feature available on all accounts except Artist Apprentice and Collector Starter Plans.)
6. Click "Save"
Creating an Invoice from a Purchase Request
You can receive purchase requests from interested buyers through Artwork Archive's Public Profile, Private Rooms, or Embed. You will get notifications for Purchase Requests in your Inbox in left-hand menu or under your account profile.
Click to your inbox from the left-hand menu, under your account profile, or through Invoices > Purchase Requests at the top of the Invoice page. You will find all your current and past Purchase Requests there.
Click on the message from the interested buyer by clicking the blue text.
3. Here, you can see the details of the artwork that they are interested in purchasing, along with a message from them. You can either reply to their message or create an invoice here (or both).
4. When you click "Create Invoice", you will be prompted to save that contact in the system. You will need to click "next" in order to generate the invoice.
5. Once you've clicked "next," you can enter in the information for your Invoice such as dates, notes to the buyer, shipping costs or edit the sale to add a discount.
6. Hit "Save Invoice"
7. After you click "save" you will see a new screen with the options to edit, preview, or send your invoice. From here, you can also turn on the options to allow for PayPal Payments through invoicing and to allow for Partial Payments.
How to create an invoice from the Main Menu in Artwork Archive.
Navigate to Income > Invoices on the left-hand menu.
Click + New invoice
Select a contact that you will be sending the invoice to from the drop-down and press continue.
Fill out all of the Invoice information and select a work to be invoiced (must be a created sale assigned to that contact).
Click "Save Invoice".
How to create an invoice from a previous sale.
Go to Artwork on the left-hand menu
Click the name of the artwork that you want to create an invoice for
Make sure you have registered the sale for that artwork. (To do this, go to "register sale" at the top of the artwork record".)
Click "invoice" from that record.
5. Fill out all of the Invoice information like invoice date, due date, and shipping costs.
6. Enable PayPal buttons or Partial Payments
How to send your invoice to your client
How to preview an invoice
What's my client's experience with invoicing?
How to edit a sale on a payment
How to add a discount to a sale
How to set up my PayPal integration
PLEASE NOTE: PayPal Processing is a Premium Feature and not available on Artist Apprentice or Collector Starter accounts. You can upgrade your account at any time by going to "Account" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen—or by clicking here.
Have more questions? You can always send us a message by clicking the Question Mark icon at the bottom right-hand corner of any Artwork Archive page. Our team is happy to help!